Literacy Narrative

Cover Letter

First, I want to explain to the reader the struggles that I had gone through to write in the English language. I wanted the readers to understand that it was important for me to acquire this language because I knew that it was necessary to do well in school and to become a successful individual in this country. I was not only working hard to acquire knowledge about something new, but I was also working hard to stop feeling like a failure and to assure myself that I am capable of accomplishing my goals and aspirations. Learning a new language entails a variety of factors. Pronunciation and grammar are two of the most difficult elements to master. The rules of certain languages are very straightforward, and English is one of them. For me, speaking and writing is the most difficult task. In English, I’m not very good at it. So, at first, I wasn’t sure how to approach the Language Narrative essay subject. Because my first language was Spanish, and my second language was English. I began to consider my interactions with both languages. For me, Spanish is easy to interact with but in English, I have a difficult time.
Working on this essay I accomplished all of the things that I wanted to accomplish by clearly explaining why is English difficult for me to speak and why it was important for me to learn how to write/speak in a new language, the struggles that I had to endure, and how I learned to write using proper English. As we all know English is a worldwide language and is important for us to learn it, that motivates me to keep learning because this country gives a lot of opportunities/jobs if you speak English and another language, that for me was English and Spanish.
Completing my first draft I realize it was so short that I had to elaborate more and write more details because I realized that I was missing information. But I was able to improve the paper’s flow by ensuring that the transition from one topic to the next was seamless. If I had more time, I think I would be able to write a book about my life, I had so many things that I wasn’t able to write or express because of my English literacy, and that makes me feel furious and foolish about myself because I know I can give more but I will continue to work hard and build myself there. My opinion of learning how to write in a secondary language remains the same after the completion of my essay as it was when I first began this essay. I am glad that I had to endure struggles to learn how to write proper English. I strongly believe that it is those struggles that I had to endure at a young age that has motivated me to put out my best effort in all that I do to accomplish every single one of my goals and ultimately become a successful individual. I am glad that I had to endure such struggles at a young age because they taught me the importance of acquiring a new language and the commitment that one must put out to accomplish their goals.

Internal Struggles

What is meaningful in my life is the way my parents raised me and guided me through my whole life and all the challenges I have gone through. I was born in the United States, Brooklyn I lived there for like 8 or 9 years around there, but by the destiny of life, my mom, brother, and I went to Ecuador because my mom’s mother was very sick and she wanted to be with her but after that situation happen my dad and mom had some plans to live In Ecuador, so they took this opportunity to let my mom go back to Ecuador with us and my dad will come too but when he had raised enough money. His goal was to raise enough money and then with that money make a business on his property my mom didn’t want us to stay with my dad because my dad will always work when he can and would not be able to take care of us and not put attention towards us so we went with her instead and start a new Chapter on my life that I don’t regret, but leaving my dad was so sad that I had to go to therapy because I was feeling depressed. I just keep remembering him and it feels like I have lost him. But going to therapy makes me feel a lot better and realized that he will be always there for me when a needed him and that I will see him soon. But when first arrived in Ecuador my mom was so happy to see her mom and sister that they start crying because they have not seen each other for 12 years or more. But When I got there me and my brother didn’t know all the people there, just some of them, but they treated me very well. When we first arrived at our new home it was very different from where I came from, culture, ethics, clothes, language, food and the place where we lived was very countryside and a lot of mountains around and you could see the city from there. It was beautiful and new for me.
Here is a picture

But as time passes It was time for school, my mom and dad decide to put me in a bilingual private school and the school was very catholic, it wasn’t a problem but what was a problem was the language they only speak Spanish and some little English, but I knew some Spanish, so it wasn’t that much of a problem. And when I went to class for the first time, I thought it was going to be difficult to make friends and get along with the teacher but not I was wrong they welcomed me and talk to me if a needed help they will be there to help me and support me to become a better student. So as time passed, I learned how to be more disciplined, respectful, and studious, and a lot of things that help become what I am now also I know how to speak very fluently, read and write in Spanish and it has become my main language.
here are some pictures of me and my classmate

but what is meaningful for me that I have learned from this country is that you have to be grateful for what you have and never said I don’t want it because I have seen a lot of people struggling in life not being able to have food on their table or place to live in and it has helped me realize the real world and different perspective in life also taught me to be more thankful for what I have and has helped me build up my character including being more closer to god.
So as time passes I decided to go back to the United states and study there because my teacher and family told me the advantages of studying in the U.S and the opportunities for jobs i will have so my mom and dad decided that i was a good choice and that they should come back and live there on U.S but before i continued with this essay I wanted to explain to the reader the struggles that I had to endure to learn how to write in a secondary language at a young age and how I ultimately learned how to write in the English language. I wanted the readers to understand that it was important for me to acquire this language because I knew that it was necessary to do well in school and to become a successful individual in this country. I was not only working hard to acquire knowledge about something new, but I was also working hard to stop feeling like a failure and to assure myself that I am capable of accomplishing my goals and aspirations. So when I first started going to school, I noticed that I will struggle a lot because I didn’t know English and didn’t have any friends that could help me, my only help at that time was my dad he knew a slight amount of English he could only teach me how to speak from what he had learned at his job but the school I attended was a bilingual school whose primary goal was to teach Hispanic students how to speak and write proper English and excel as bilingual students. I distinctly remember that my primary motivation upon first entering school was to learn how to write in English. I wanted to know how to express myself by writing in that language because I was aware that it was necessary to earn good grades and succeed in school. I knew that I would make my parents exceptionally proud by acquiring and learning that language because it would open up many great opportunities for me in the future, which is what they have always desired for both my brother and me. During my childhood and to this day my parents have repetitively told my brother and me that they want us to take advantage of every opportunity that we are offered and that we should always try our best in school to accomplish all of our goals and to become successful individuals. It was why I realized at an early age that I had to fully acquire the language to succeed in this country, which not only meant speaking English but being able to know how to write it properly as well. Eventually, as the school year progressed, I began to fully understand when to capitalize letters and when to end sentences. I even began to practice my writing during my lunch times because I began to enjoy writing and I was excited that I was finally learning how to write proper English. I also continued to practice my writing in English because I did not want to feel left behind when we discussed our writing as a class as I had felt in other instances. I was motivated to continue to improve my writing because I did not want to feel ignorant or incapable of writing proper English as I had felt when I was unable to answer questions in front of my class, which was extremely humiliating. I wanted to be assured that I was capable of doing something good with my life and that I was capable of succeeding. I knew that I was capable of writing English as long as I had determination. Now, when I work on any writing assignments or write on my own, I feel much more confident about my work, and I have greater self-esteem about both my intellectual and writing potential. I know that I am making my family proud by continuing to attempt to do my best in school despite